Historic Photos of the former Eugene High School in Eugene, Oregon

From about 1915 to 1973, Eugene High School occupied a block just north of FAN, between 17th & 18th, and Lincoln & Charnelton. 

Photo courtesy the Lane County Historical Society

Eugene High School circa 1971, during demolition, as seen from the north side facing 17th Avenue. Photo by Greg Giesy.

The demolition of Eugene High School as seen from across 18th Avenue, between Lincoln and Charnelton Streets. The southeast corner of the detached gymnasium is visible in the foreground. Photo by Greg Giesy.

The former gymnasium still stands today, with the addition of a Mansard roof. The property is currently occupied by the Lighthouse Temple. Photo by Andrew Fisher.

Eugene High School archive image 001
(Click here for higher resolution version)
Photos by Greg Giesy.

Eugene High School archive image 002
(Click here for higher resolution version)
Photos by Greg Giesy.

Eugene High School archive image 003
(Click here for higher resolution version)
Photos by Greg Giesy.

Eugene High School archive image 004
(Click here for higher resolution version)
Photos by Greg Giesy.

Eugene High School archive image 005
(Click here for higher resolution version)
Photos by Greg Giesy.